Welcome to the first series of articles on my new blog!
Today, I wish to commence a series of discussions based on the topic of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Specifically, this series aims to address the following issues:
• How we can define and understand CSR; (today’s post)
• Common objections to CSR; (three part mini-series)
• The advantages and disadvantages of active corporate participation in social projects as opposed to mere corporate donations; (two part mini-series)
• The role of governments in promoting CSR;
• The limited effect of the consumer in promoting ethical business practices; and
• Key principles toward the effective management of CSR within an organization.
I hope that together, we can generate some interesting and stimulating discussions about this topic.
I look forward to sharing some thoughts and opinions of my own on these issues. I also look forward to hearing the thoughts, insights and opinions of readers.